the virtual feel good pill you'll never have to swallow.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Don't Need Super-sized McDonalds, or Miracles for that Matter

Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish readers!  I'm also Jewish, and this holiday has inspired my post for today.  Just a few days ago, I was having a conversation with someone who was having a bad week.  In the spirit of Hanukkah I said maybe you'll get a Hannukah miracle before the week is done.  This person then said that this problem wasn't big enough to require a miracle to fix it.  So he associates miracles with tremendously big occurrences; but isn't Hanukkah the celebration of a small miracle happening?  A candle burned for 8 nights.  So while the actual event was not something major, the impact from this occurrence was indeed TREMENDOUS.  Many of us probably feel that we haven't had a miracle in our lives, but the reality of the situation is that we have had miracles occur.  Think about what components of your life bring you joy.  My friend's bring so much positivity to my life.  Most of those closest to me I met in college.  I originally had a lot of reservations about attending Hofstra.  It turned out to be one of the greatest decisions I ever made.  If I had not chosen that school, then I probably wouldn't have had made some of my best friends.  My life may not have been the same, and as scary as it is to think about that, it is also a MIRACLE that I chose Hofstra.  Is there a correlation between choice and miracles? Why not?  Isn't it a miracle in this instance that my mind swayed in the favor of Hofstra? YES.   Another example of a miracle in my life is my family.  I have the most incredible parents and sisters.  I am not trying to brag, I am recognizing how lucky I am to be surrounded by these people.  I was given an amazing family and it is a huge miracle.  So I've just named two facets of my life that I call miracles.  Did an ocean part for me? No.  The miracle doesn't have to be huge to be a miracle.  It is simply something makes your life better which you can deem to be miracle status.  Now consider everything in your life that qualifies as a miracle, the results should happily surprise you.      

No comments:

Post a Comment